A Water Damage Restoration Checklist For Storms
The Grand Junction area is a nature lover’s paradise, with plenty of hiking and biking trails, several parks including Highline Lake State Park and many other activities to enjoy. It’s no wonder so many visitors are drawn here regularly.
Unfortunately, life here isn’t without its potential problems, among them water damage from storms. With a sudden storm, water can build up quickly and cause plenty of damage to your home or business.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Grand Junction are prepared to handle any water related emergency from any kind of storm with operators standing by to take your call 24/7.
Once we’re on hand, we’ll proceed through our thorough water damage restoration process, following a specific Water Damage checklist for storms to make sure all the bases are covered:
- Identify the Source and Type of Water – First and foremost, we’ll check for the source of moisture and make sure it’s stopped. We’ll also determine the type of water involved, either clean, gray or black, as the level of contamination can dictate the specific restoration process that’s required.
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect Premises – Before beginning the restoration we’ll perform a thorough inspection to determine the extent of the damage and identify any safety issues.
- Identify Signs of Mold Growth – Mold can be a particularly hazardous side effect of water damage. We’ll check for odors, musty smells and any other signs of mold growth and perform complete mold remediation.
- Move and Block Furniture – We’ll move any furniture out of the way and block items to prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- Remove Standing Water – We’ll begin the restoration by using submersible pumps and industrial strength wet/dry vacs to remove standing water.
- Check Carpet Pads, Carpeting, Floors and Walls - We carefully inspect all carpet pads, carpeting, flooring and walls to see if any materials should be removed.
- Apply Deodorizer or Disinfectant Treatments – Our process includes the use of deodorizers and EPA-registered disinfectants as antimicrobial treatments.
- Dispose of Damaged Materials – If anything is deemed unsalvageable by you or your adjuster, we will see that it is safely removed and disposed.
- Measure Temperature/Humidity Levels – Throughout the process we will monitor temperature and humidity levels to enable proper drying.
- Thoroughly Dry – Finally, we employ industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers to remove all moisture from surfaces and the air.
When water damage occurs from a storm or otherwise, it can be devastating if you don’t act fast. That’s why your first call should be to SERVPRO. We’re guaranteed to respond faster to any disaster and we won’t finish the job until we know you’re satisfied.
We’re part of the local community ourselves and we’re proud to serve our neighbors with the professional quality work that they expect because that’s what we’d want for our own property.
So don’t despair, call SERVPRO and we’ll help you put the pieces together again.