SAFE HALLOWEEN FUN
SERVPRO of Grand Junction, Garfield & Pitkin counties always participates in trick or treat street in Fruita Colorado. It’s a Small little safe town in the western slope. Seeing all the kids and enjoying them having a great safe time on Halloween is a joy to SERVPRO team. We are honored to be a part of the community.
Safety for Pedestrians
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Halloween night can be a dangerous night for pedestrians. Consider following these tips from Safe Kids Worldwide before your kids head out for some candy:
- Make sure your child takes along a working flashlight or an abundant number of glow sticks to help ensure they’re visible to others.
- Don’t let your kids leave home without a fully charged cellphone so they can call for help in the event of an emergency. You may also want to remind your children to keep their heads up and put their phones and other devices down, especially when crossing the street.
- Tell your kids to walk only on sidewalks and, if there is not a sidewalk available, to walk against the flow of traffic and as far away from the road as possible.
- Be sure that any costume your child wears on Halloween night doesn’t impede their vision or pose a tripping hazard.
- Don’t send your kids under the age of 12 out trick-or-treating by themselves. If they resist because they don’t want to be seen with mom or dad, wear a costume. It’s Halloween. You can get away with it.
- Set a curfew for your older children, and decide on a predetermined route so you’ll know their approximate whereabouts